WordPress/Front-End Developer & Digital Designer
If you love website development and want a new position that encourages you to push the boundaries, then this is for you!
The Role – A fantastic opportunity has opened up for a talented, energetic WordPress developer wishing to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced journey and help us maintain and further develop our reputation within the IT channel. As a growing agency you will have a real opportunity to help shape our future as well as your own.
The Company – Based near Hampton Court, but servicing clients throughout the UK, Bite IT Marketing is an agency specialising in bringing new and innovative marketing and campaign concepts to the IT channel. You will be joining a friendly, hardworking team with a unique culture that many may prefer over that of larger firms. We are very excited to have recently been ‘highly commended’ at the CRN Awards 2018 for best channel marketing agency.
Job Description – A WordPress developer with proven WordPress experience, you will have the ability to take the lead on projects and visualise the final solution with little direction, as well as being comfortable with communicating the story and direction to stakeholders. With at least 3 years professional experience, you will be really passionate about web development and have a blazing desire to stay on top of new technologies and practices. You’ll be hardworking, talented and passionate about solving technical problems.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of WordPress web development
- A strong portfolio of work
- Adobe Creative Suite Knowledge (Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of Linux/Apache
- Familiarity working with platforms such as Marketo & Hubspot
- Experience developing cross-browser responsive websites
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and security
- Knowledge of deign in Marketo, Hubspot and Mail Chimp platforms desirable
- Take the lead on website projects working closely with our Account Managers and Design Studio
- Take the lead when required on digital design
- Set up WordPress sites on a server, install, config, core plugins, etc.
- Updating and fixing WordPress related issues on a number of existing client sites
- Taking design concepts to replicate into WordPress
- Develop custom coded WordPress themes using well tested methodologies
- Test your work on a wide variety of devices to deliver error free work.
- Site speed optimisation testing
- Helping the team with additional technical knowledge
- Ability to jump into plugin code and fix issues
- Analyse and develop streamlined workflows
- Troubleshoot any and all issues with websites, hosting, plugins, etc.
Skills and attributes
- Enthusiastic, energetic and exceptional!
- Emotionally intelligent; able to flex your style depending on who you are talking to
- A great communicator; fluent in communication in English
- A keen eye and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- A proactive approach, with an openness to new ideas
- Team player with ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to think through and solve problems.
The admin bits
0900 – 1730 but flexibility is a must
28 days holiday per year inc. Public holidays to start
Complimentary tea & coffee
12 week probation period
4 week notice period
Starting salary £27,000 to £35,000 depending upon experience
Please send your CV to Michele Lewington at email@example.com with a covering email outlining why this job is for you. Please include portfolio work on projects where you custom developed using WordPress, with details of the most challenging tasks you have overcome.
Applications without portfolio work WILL NOT be considered. Check us out at www.biteitmarketing.com
Categorised in: All Posts